Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Welcome!!!

I hope someone besides me reads this sometime.

Did you know that it has been 150 years since the beginning of the US Civil War? Unfortunately for me, (and for you, too, since you are reading this) I missed the centennial memorials of the Civil War by being born a few years too late. That also means I will most likely miss the bicentennial, so I am going to try to make the most of the sesquicentennial. If this project does nothing else for me, I should get lots of practice spelling sesquicentennial.

Why me?
I have always loved history, and taught US history in Jr. High and High Schools for 11 years. Since I am now employed as a psychometrician (its weird, and complicated) I hope this blog will give me the outlet I want to have to remember this important, tragic, heroic moment of my history.

No comments:

Post a Comment